Scheduling and Policies
Access to lab resources/services is contingent upon users’ acceptance of lab operational procedures described under Lab Policies and agreement to pay charges incurred. Fees listed above are in effect as of April 1, 2015. All reservations, including changes or cancellations, must be made within 2 hrs of the scheduled time. A no-show without cancellation will be charged for the time scheduled.
For USC Users
Please utilize CORES.
- If you have not used CORES in the past, your PI will need to set you up as a registered user under his/her account. For detailed instructions, download a quick guide.
- If you have previously used CORES and are having problems with the link above, please email USCCORES@usc.edu. Your account may need to be reset.
- If you are having any of the above issues and need to urgently make a reservation, please contact Dr. Liana Asatryan at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For Users Outside of USC
Please contact Dr. Liana Asatryan at email@example.com to help with the reservation.
Core Lab Policies
In addition to the general laboratory rules set by USC, users are asked to observe the following procedures that govern the operation of the lab and use of lab resources.
- The lab operational hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For access to the lab outside of the operational hours please contact the lab director in advance. Use of the lab is limited to those resources for which a reservation has been made.
- Instrument usage charges are based on the CORES scheduler. Most instruments are charged based on an hourly rate with most of the plate readers set at a minimum time of 30 min.
- Reservations for instrument usage must be made in advance. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 2 h before the reservation in order to avoid charges for the time scheduled. If users are found operating instruments without a reservation, the PI(s) will be notified and their accounts will be charged accordingly.
- It is the user’s responsibility to use lab resources in a responsible manner. Users should contact the lab director if technical assistance is needed. Damage from misuse will result in charges for repair costs.
- It is the user’s responsibility to save their data generated from instrument use. Any data saved on the hard drives may be deleted by the director as necessary to ensure adequate space for the computer to run properly.
- Lina He is in charge of the daily use of the Histology lab. She trains and directs users who wish to use the lab to conduct their own work.