Scheduling, Fees, and Policies
Access to lab resources/services is contingent upon users’ compliance with lab operational procedures described under Lab Policies and agreement to pay charges incurred. Fees listed on this site are in effect as of July 1, 2018. All reservations, including changes or cancellations, must be made within 2 hours of the scheduled time. A no-show without cancellation will be charged for the time scheduled.
All new users are REQUIRED to contact Dr. Watanabe to schedule training prior to using equipment. Access to TRLab is granted only after the user has demonstrated the ability to properly operate the instrument. Users are strongly advised to not set up experiments and reserve time to use the instrument prior to training or getting access to the lab; any loss of time, consumables, experimental data due to the user not following policies of TRLab is entirely the responsibility of the user.
For USC Users
Please utilize the FBS system
If you have not used FBS in the past, your PI will need to set you up as a registered user under his/her account. Detailed instructions are available here.
If you have previously used FBS and are having problems with accessing FBS, help is available from USC’s FBS Website.
If you are having any of the above issues and need to urgently make a reservation, please contact Dr. Junji Watanabe at TRLabCore@usc.edu for assistance.
For Users Outside of USC
Please contact Dr. Junji Watanabe at TRLabCore@usc.edu to help with the reservation.
Core Lab Policies
In addition to the general laboratory rules set by USC, all TRLab users are required to follow the following procedures that govern the operation of the lab and use of lab resources.
- All new users need to submit a service request form to help us better understand their experimental needs. The form may be accessed and completed here: Service Request Form The form will be reviewed and an initial meeting with Dr. Watanabe will be scheduled for initial consultation/training prior to granting TRLab access.
- Access to TRLab is granted only after the user has demonstrated the ability to properly operate the instrument without assistance. Users are strongly advised to not set up experiments and reserve time to use the instrument prior to training or getting access to the lab; any loss of time, consumables, experimental data due to the user not following policies of TRLab is entirely the responsibility of the user.
- TRLab operational hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- USC ID is required to access the TRLab card access system.
- Use of instrument is scheduled and charged through the FBS system.
- Reservation for 8 hours or longer must be made at least 1 day before the reservation.
- Reservations for individual instrument usage must be made in advance. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 2 hours before the reservation in order to avoid penalty fees.
- If users are found operating instruments without a reservation, the PI(s) will be notified and their accounts will be charged accordingly.
- It is the user’s responsibility to use lab resources in a responsible manner. Users should contact the lab director if technical assistance is needed. Damage from misuse will result in charges for repair costs.
- It is the user’s responsibility to save their data generated from instrument use. Any data saved on the hard drives may be deleted by the director as necessary to ensure adequate space for the computer to run properly.
- Free 1 hour consultation and training for all new users on first use of equipment in TRLab; $50/h consultation fee thereafter.
Fee rates are categorized based on members of: 1) School of Pharmacy (SOP), 2) non-SOP USC (USC) and 3) outside of USC campus (non-USC).
Daily Rate: 8 hours or more = 8 hours, except NMR which consider 5 hours or more = 5 hours.